What you eat is important in preparing your body for pregnancy, as well as improving your body’s ability to conceive.
Infertility can occur for a number reasons:
· Too little or too much weight
· Hormonal problems such as PCOS or thyroid disorders
· Structural or functional problems with the reproductive organs
· Problems with sperm/egg production
· Problems with the body’s immune system
An eight-year Harvard studyof 18,000 women have found that simple changes in diet, in women with irregular or absent ovulation, improved their fertility by 80%. These involved adapting to a diet that was which in healthy fats, plant-based proteins and whole-grains. As well as reducing foods high in sugar, saturated fats and red meat.
Optimising your nutrition can support your body for by:
· Improving the health and quality of the sperm and egg
· Improve the chance of success through IVF
· Assisting in regulating the ovulation cycles that are impacted by weight
· Improve the bodies ability to become pregnant
· Improve the chance of carrying the body to full term
· Increase the chance of having a healthy baby
Contact Amy today for help optimise your nutrition to improve your fertility.
Health insurance and Medicare rebates are available for those eligible.